Maintaining control in today's hectic workplace is a challenge -
Through the mastery of nine essential skills, Morgenstern shows how small changes In your thinking and behavior will help you achieve the seemingly impossible - boost your value, increase your job security, and afford you the time to still have a life.
Morgenstern has helped clients of all levels take control of their work lives in every industry imaginable. This audiobook mirrors the individual consulting services she provides by showing you how to start with yourself and then tackle the more complex external issues of working relationships and the job.
With insight and warmth, Morgenstern gives fresh "grab-and-go" strategies such as:
• Avoid e-mail for the first hour of the day. It's addictive and steals your most productive time.
• Trust your truth. Never undervalue your unique self, skills, and point of view.
• Beware multitasking. Scattering your efforts makes for a longer day.
• "Dance close to the revenue line." Making and saving money is where your greatest value lies.
• "Crunch the container." Shorten your workday by thirty minutes and you will get more done. You'll able to make a bad situation better, restore a formerly good situation, or search for a job that's a better fit for who you are. transcends industries, job titles, and even economic climates. With the process taught in this book, you will feel less trapped and more in charge. A speaker, media expert, and corporate spokesperson, she lives in New York City.
Making Work Work --- With Morgenstern's guidance you can find a way to make work work.
Julie Morgenstern, founder and owner of Task Masters, is the author of the New York Times bestseller Organizing from the Inside Out and Time Management from the Inside Out. Her column, "Getting Organized, " appears monthly in 0, The Oprah Magazine. everything is lean, competitive, and uncertain. What does it take to survive? Must you sign away your life in blood? Live in fear of being fired? Quit your job and move to the countryside? Not at all.